Saturday, August 06, 2005

Yesterday we had a "Chick Lunch" at the "Blue". It is a restaurant on A1A in Flagler Beach. It was great food and a neat atmosphere. I'm still on Atkins, so I had a Skirt Steak Salad that was awesome. Jane and Karen had Barbeque Chicken Salad that they liked. And Betty had a rare burger and fries. She might as well have bitten into a cow. She loves her meat rare. Then we went shopping and then to Jane's house. We also checked out Jane and Charlie's properties. Gosh....I feel so inadequate! It's amazing how much property value in this area has increased.

Last night I was running late for supper. Charlie told me a cool way to fix chicken. You cut down both sides of the back and remove it. Then open the chicken up and flatten it. Then put it on the grill (the guts side down) and cook it about 30-45 minutes until it's done. I put some butter and herbs on top in the beginning. You don't have to keep checking it because if the bottom burns then...so what? You don't eat that part anyway. It was yummy and soooooo easy. Now I have to experiment with different variations of this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey to my oldest friend! no, not that way. I'm older than you! I'm loving your blog. I finally get to see what's new with you since we are soooo good at keeping in touch by email. NOT! It was great to see your parents, too. They haven't changed a bit. Why was Rachel in Africa? A good friend of mine was just there as well. Where was she? How's Steve? Joanne? Big hugs to Larry! oh, and, of course, Dave. = ) I think about you often and miss the hell out of you!

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home