Thursday, November 09, 2006

Wow! What a slacker I've been. I haven't posted for a month. Well, this one may be long. Where to begin????

I'm back to working my normal hours at work and loving it. I love having four days off each week. I had a moment of temporary insanity a few weeks back. The hospital posted a position for a Senior Applications Analyst in the IS Dept. and I applied for it. Then, I started thinking "what have I done"? Dave reminded me about how miserable I was working Monday to Friday in an office and political environment when I did it a few years ago. So, I withdrew my application. Whew, I felt better immediately. Nursing can suck at times but it also has lots of advantages.

My aunt Ollie sent me a beautiful handmade quilt that was made in my family. Here is a picture of it. I love quilts and this one is especially nice because it's oversized and fits on our king size bed.





Dave and I finally got some new furniture for the living room. We got a Lazyboy couch that reclines on both ends, a Lazyboy chair that rocks, reclines and swivels (that Dave has claimed as his own), a glass top table and chairs and a flip-top bar. I'll throw in some pictures. The hardest part was trying to figure out how to rearrange the furniture to make everything fit. We went around and around about it. Finally, Dave's plan was best. I hate when he's right.










Then, we took the curtains down. Everyone thought they were too formal for the beach. That was really strange. The windows seemed so naked but it did open up the room and made it look larger. It took a few days, but now we like it. Now, we have to decide on a paint color for the walls. UGH....one step at a time. I need Terry down here!

Let's see...what else...I'm going through menopause and I'm a bitch. OOPS...too much information.

We had our annual Oysterfest last Saturday. We had lots of good food, alcohol and 30-some great friends. Everyone seemed to have a good time. I made the mistake of hanging in the kitchen with the THREE bottles of tequila (Patron and Don Julio) and like any good hostess, I had to match shots with my friends. Oh my God! The last thing I remember was talking to someone (I don't remember who) and my mouth wouldn't work right. The next thing I knew, it was 7 hours later, I'm in bed, fully clothed with a shot glass still in my bra. Not my finest hour!
The thought of drinking ANY alcohol still gags me now! I'm sure I'll hear about it for years to come. To see some pictures, check out Dave's website at www.drmcwheels.com

The party really motivated me in a good way. All the women looked so nice and I feel like a big cow. I'm rapidly expanding and I'm feeling the effects of being overweight (AKA Fat). So, I'm determined to go on a diet and get in shape (that's right Karen, another diet!). Dr. Oz was on Oprah and he has a diet book out called "You on a diet". It's a common sense diet where you eat healthy foods, lower your sugars and fats and eat fruits, veggies, birds, fish, and nuts, and limit your red meat. Also, you take your vitamins and exercise. You can go to his website a www.realage.com and take a test and it'll tell you what your "real age" is according to your current lifestyle. I'm 48 and my "real age" was 49.5 (mainly because I don't exercise). It will make up a personalized plan for you on what you need to improve on. Best of all, it's all free. You can download an exercise program (20 minute workout). I did it today and I liked it. So all week I've been following the diet and exercising (walking every day) and so far, I've lost 4 pounds. He even tells you how to read the food labels and you have to go through your frig and cabinets and throw out all the unhealthy foods and then replace them with all healthy foods. Dave and I need to eat healthier anyway so we have nothing to lose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home