Tuesday, September 19, 2006



I went to the Emergency Nurse's Conference in San Antonio last week. We stayed at the Hawthorne Suites on the River Walk. The River Walk is beautiful! I definitely want to go back again! They have a water taxi that takes you along the river. There are many outdoor cafe's, bars, and shops. The people there are really nice. We were there on Mexican Independence Day. There is an outdoor theater and every night there was an event featuring the Hispanic culture.


We ate at two restaurants that I would highly recommend, The Little Rhein Steak House is a little pricey but it's worth it. We all had Filet Mignon and Tomatoe Salads. The sides are large and they recommended sharing. They were right. We shared asparagus and scalloped potatoes.
The second restaurant is called Boudro's. It was my favorite, even though there is a Boudro's Butt Cream, but, that's beside the point. I had stuffed quail (awesome). They have a fabulous guacomole dip that make at the table. We also had prickly pear margaritas. A lot of the restaurants there had prickly pear margaritas. Here is a pic of a prickly rear cactus:

Here is who I went with...that's Tina, Debbie and Peggy.


The conference was great. There were 30,000 ER Nurses there. It's agreat way to gather up some CEUs and network.

I didn't get to see any real cowboys. Bummer! I love cowboys.....


Now I'm home and back to my normal life. There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home