Monday, May 29, 2006

Another busy week. We had Trainer practice at work this week. That went well since the Trainers are really smart and motivated. Then, every evening after work there was something going on. Monday night, we had an ENA meeting at Mario's Italian restaurant. Yummy! I love that place! Tuesday was shopping and it was Karen's birthday.

Wednesday night, we had Martini night at Betty's house. We stayed up til almost midnight playing poker. I came in 2nd place. Everyone put in $10 and the winner got $50, 2nd place got $20 AND 3rd place got $10. I had crappy hands for the first 2/3 of the game and rallied at the end. Karen won the big pot....Bitch! Ha! Just kidding.

Friday night Terri and Kevin came over for a good ol southern meal. We had fried chicken, mashed potatoes and pan gravy, collards (fresh from the garden), corn bread and fried green tomatoes. I tried to find Moon Pies and RC colas but struck out.

Saturday we went to a party at Jane and Charlie's. We hung out by their pool. They live on the river and have an awesome view. Charlie steamed some oysters and there was a spread of food and plenty of drink. Charlie had planned on fixing some ribs on the grill but they had sooooo much food that no one had room for ribs. The weather was perfect and the company was even better.

Yesterday, I worked in the ER. I'm only working 2-3 days a month in the ER while this project is going on. I actually miss it. I hate working Monday through Friday. Sitting in front of a terminal makes for a long day. Even though I'm excited about the project I like working in the ER better because time goes by fast. I like the doctors and nurses that I work with. I've always said that you have to have an "ER personality" to work in the ER. Everyone is different in their own ways (which makes things interesting) but they all have the same "twist" to them. I think you learn to appreciate life more in that tpe of job.

Today, I'm doing home stuff. I have to catch up on chores. I was outside this morning (80 + degrees by 10am) pulling weeds and doing yard work. My petunias in the back petered out. I planted them at the end of summer last year and they did great. But they bellied up in this heat. I planted some zinnias in their place. They look great. I bought 8 zinnia plants at Lowes for $3.98 each. I made up my mind that I WILL learn to start plants from seed from now on. I see Zinnia seeds everywhere for a buck. They're annuals, so why put $30 bucks into 8 plants that will die at the end of the season when you can start them from seed for a whole lot cheaper. I've never started anything from seed before. But it can't be too hard. I'll pick Linda Higginbotham's brain. She knows a lot about gardening. I showed her the picture of my huge tomato plant (above) that I was so proud of. She told me that I needed to desucker it and cut of the stems that don't have flowers or fruit on them because the plant spends too much energy on the plant and not the fruit. That makes sense. So I came home and did some major trimming. I was scared, very scared. I was afraid I over did it but within days, the tomatoes started to ripen and I'm harvesting tomatoes now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home