Sunday, April 23, 2006

The sisters left this morning. They arrived Monday night and left this morning (Sunday). We had a really nice visit. It's great to see them all get together. Dave's siblings are scattered across the U.S. so it's really nice to see them get together in one place to reconnect. It's nice that they stayed almost a week because that gave us time to do tourist things as well as vegging at home. We went to Universal Studios on Wednesday. Dave and I decided that we are done with theme parks. We enjoyed their company there but we had to wait an hour for a 5-10 minute ride/attraction. That's not too fun. My pups were howling when we got back to the car.

We went to Kennedy Space Center on Friday. That was awesome. We really enjoyed it. They have two 3-D IMAX films about space that were cool. We saw retired rockets, the launch pads, the crawler that carries the shuttle to the launch pads, and all kinds of space stuff. The highlight of the trip was at the observation tower for the launch pads. A racoon and her babies were trapped on top of the tower. Trappers put them in a cage and lowered them down to remove them. That was pretty cool. We went to the Astronaut Hall of Fame. Dave rode a flight simulator that got up to 4 G's. I wimped out because it had a spinning motion and I didn't feel like barfing. We definitely want to go back next year.

Today's the last day of Dave's vacation. It sucks that he only gets one week/year. I'm trying to let it all be about Dave today. He deserves it. I wish he could get more time off. Maybe, one day, since he has me on a budget, he'll be able to semi-retire. If I quit pissing away money, we can sock away the cash to make that happen. It'll happen.

I've been a banana bread making fool today. Nina bought a bunch of bananas during the week. Yesterday, there were 15 bananas left and they were getting ripe so I started making banana bread. I found a new recipe online that's really good. I made two loaves yesterday. Today I bought 4 mini loaf pans at Publix and made 8 mini loaves (3x4). They are the cutest things ever! Dave is taking some to work tomorrow and I'll freeze the rest. I love the mini loaf pans. They are just the right size for two people. I'm going to make some mini meat loafs, mini salmon loafs, and mini breads.

Well, I have one more day off. My goal for tomorrow is to organize things around the house to make life easier for the next 4 months since I'll be working a lot of hours due to the computer conversion at work. I have to hunker down and focus on work for awhile. That's against my life game plan. I try to make my focus about home and not work. Work is something I have to do in order to pay the bills. Don't get me wrong, as a rule, I enjoy working in the ER. But it's not my life. Sometimes I think the way I cope is the totally separate the two. When I'm at work, I give them 100%. It's not about me, it's about my patients. I'll work as hard as I can. But at 7pm, it's quitting time. I try to erase work from my mind. Work is done, now it's time for home. If I had a really bad day, I may have to come home and vent to Dave...then it's erased. He's a trooper about listening and letting me get it off my chest.

Well, that's it for now. I'm just rambling on.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home