Monday, March 06, 2006

Rachel, my niece, "the Emory Scholar"...God, I love saying that, is studying abroad in Cape Town, Africa until this fall. She keeps in touch with the family via email. Here is a picture of her school:


It's that time of year again....spring cleaning and yard work. I have to do the intensive yard work early in Spring, before it gets too hot. I'm going to plant some vegetables this year. I've grown tomatoes & peppers before but I think I may branch out and try some cucumbers, beans, and whatever else floats my boat when I go shopping. I'm thinking about planting in the back corner of the yard, by the gargoyle. Our yard is so small, there's not much room. The dirt in that back corner is too sandy so I'm going to have to use containers or a raised bed garden. Dave's going to have to redirect the sprinkler head also so the area will get watered. I'm excited about getting started but first I have to do the basic rearranging, trimming, weeding, and roundup -ing.

I'm going to go to Sam's again tomorrow. Geez...I hope they don't remember me from last week.
How embarrassing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home