Friday, March 03, 2006

Yuk! Bad day yesterday. First a meeting at the hospital that was a little frustration. Then off to Sams to stock up on some goods. I let my old card expire because it's such a hassle to get there (about a 40 minute drive) but I had a free one day pass. So I had to check in, then shop then check out at the same register. After ringing me up, the total was $399 and change. I handed her my Mastercard and they don't take Mastercard or Visa! OMG! It's the day before payday and I didn't have that much in my checking. So, she pointed to the ATM. I tried to get cash from my credit card but I don't know my PIN number. Why should I, everyone takes Visa and Mastercard (or so I thought). By this time, I went back to the register to tell her that I'm screwed, but she was at the Customer Service desk helping someone else. I waited about 10 minutes and then just slithered out the door. How humiliating! UGH!

The crappy day continues. I had to go to a funeral at 4:00. Don Caddick, across the street from us died. His wife's mother died 3 days later. Man, maybe I should quit whining! Anyway...I wore my "funeral clothes" to the meeting and Sam's since my day was packed with appointments and errands. I swung into Taco Bell and ordered two MexiMelts and got three barritos. I unwrap the first one, take a bite, and the guts dump out of the other end right on my pants. Great. So I had to go home and round up more clothes, went to the funeral (which was nice) and then to Adrienne's house (post funeral). Then I had an Emergency Nurses's Meeting at 6:00pm at the Le Crepe. I always look forward to the meetings so I can visit with my Ormond ER buddies. Well, 8 people from Ormond were signed up to attend so I saved a big table. No one showed up! I sat at that big table by myself like a big goof ball for over an hour. How embarressing. Finally, I was invited to join another table and actually had a nice time. Then home to Dave and Larry. I can always count on them to make things better. AHHHH...the day ended. OK, I got that off my chest, I feel better.

I guess it takes the bad days to appreciate the good. Then to take it a step further, if that's all I got the whine about then I should be extremely grateful. When I'm at work and see all the misery and suffering, it makes my problems seem so small....like I don't deserve to complain.

1 Comments:

Blogger Max said...

I'm not sure if you get these. That is a pretty bad day. I was in the same situation at Sams some time ago. I had to run to the car where I had a check book stashed in the glove box.

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home