Thursday, January 19, 2006

I got back from Atlanta yesterday. It was a nice ride there and back. I had the radio all to myself and could sing as loud as I wanted to sing! The traffic was not bad since it was midday during the week.

Mom and dad got gas logs for the fireplace. I like them a lot. I was suprised at how much heat they put out. Plus there's something about watching a fire. Then we went to JoAnn and Terry's. All the kids were there. I got to meet Rachel's boyfriend Greg (definitely a keeper!) and David's girlfriend, Kelly (cute as a button). David and Terry cooked dinner and JoAnn sent us to Elon's for dessert. Holy Cow!!!! The SMALL cake was $35. Mom and dad are still in shock! It was an excellent cake but wow!
Here are some pics:



JoAnn and Terry are in the process of redecorating their house. It's beautiful! It's a good lesson on taking chances and "going for it". I wouldn't have the nu-nu's to go with the colors they selected because the combinations were just too weird. But, OMG! They work. For example, a grape-ish colored rug (I'm sure there's a name for it) and a light blue ceiling. Come on... what's up with that? But....it works! A wall in the bedroom is chocolate brown...and it will also continue into the bathroom. I pictured a dungeon. But, the bedroom is probably my favorite room.

I've been running around doing errands today. It was stock up day. I went to my favorite place...Walmart. When I die...let it be at Walmart. I spent a small fortune stocking up on stuff. Then to Pet Smart, Walgreens and finally a really cool store called "GI Jeff's" in Daytona Beach. It's an Army/Navy store. Dave wanted an old military ammunition box. I want to go back when I'm not so broke. They had really cool stuff, especially tote bags, duffle bags, whatever you call them. I got some Pepper Spray for my key chain. I'm going to go back and get mom some too.

I gotta go fry up some pork chops. I have to work for the next 3 days so I won't be blogging I'm sure. It's been soooo busy at work. I dread going in but, hey, I should be happy that I have a job. Believe me, I've done worse!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home