Thursday, December 08, 2005

I feel pretty pathetic. I don't have anything to talk about. But, you know what? Boring can be good. The last thing I want in my life is drama! I've been off work the last three days. Sort of....I went in to work on the Cerner project for a few hours this morning. Cerner is the new computer system that our entire hospital system is converting to. I'm the ER Team Lead for our three hospitals. Right now there's not a lot to do but in 3-6 months we'll be very busy. It goes live in August 2006. My meeting was at the old ER I use to work at. I love those guys soooo much. Everytime I go there I want to transfer back but their nurse/patient ratio is so high that I don't feel like it's safe. They work their asses off. But what a fun, fun, fun group of people. I'm going to go on a train ride to Winter Garden and shop with a group of them just before Christmas. Maybe I can recruit all of them to my ER????

I've been working on some Atkins recipes for my diet. Thank God for the internet! My weakness is sweets and there are low carb candies and desserts out there to be made. Today, I made licorice. It tastes great, just like the real thing except I don't know if there is black food coloring out there so it was a pale beige color....like a big tape worm. I also made some cheese cake balls rolled in crushed pecans and dabbled with peanut butter cheese cake.

It's ultra windy and dreary outside so it's hard to get motivated to do anything. The temp is still in the 60-70s but it's so yucky. I have to work the next 5 out of 6 days. Then I'm off for a little stretch. Maybe it'll be nicer then.

2 Comments:

Blogger Max said...

That is the first less than positive comment I have heard about your weather. You don't have to scrape ice off your wind shield before work every morning.

I want to make licorice. :-)

8:50 PM  
Blogger Max said...

Let me know if you got the last comment. I may have screwed it up.

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home