Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Well, we got past Christmas time. I had to work Christmas eve, Christmas day and the day after. That takes the fun out of Christmas. I hate to leave Dave home alone on the holiday but that's life as a nurse. Actually, he went to Betty's (next door) for Christmas dinner and I went over after work.

I have to show this picture of Larry waiting for Dave to come in from work. Check out his tail wagging. He knows there is a walk coming!

I found a new place to walk today. They made a 2 1/2 mile walking trial by Highbridge park (by the draw bridge). The trail follows a creek then into the woods and scrubs. It's a great walk because you go up and down small hills (hills in Florida? Wow!), a long path of deep sand and its mostly shaded. You can really get a work out! Here are some pictures I took on my walk:

I really love nature and God knows I need more exercise so I think I'm going to start picking different scenic sites to walk at on my days off and post the pictures on this blog. We're very lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the country and its a shame that we don't take advantage of what we have here. OK, I talked myself into it. I'm going to start posting pictures of my walks. Maybe that will motivate me to get off my big butt and exercise!

My niece, Katherine, just graduated with honors from Georgia Tech with a degree in Engineering. How impressive is that? We're really proud of her.






2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still here! Don't stop writing!

2:28 AM  
Blogger Max said...

Your niece, Katherine sounds like a great woman

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home