Monday, February 27, 2006

I caught a cold 3 days ago and I'm cured! It's so weird. I worked on Friday and I felt rotten. Headache, stuffiness, extreme fatigue. I didn't think I could make it through 12 hours. Thank God that Frank took it easy on me and gave me a light assignment. I had to keep going into a little old lady's room in the ER because her IV pump kept alarming and her nurse was busy. A little later her husband came out and gave me two bags of Ruby Red Grapefruits that he grew at home. How sweet was that? So I've been eating lots of grapefruit (Vitamin C) and by Sunday I felt like a new person. It's funny how things seem to work out.

We can really tell a difference in Larry since he started on his injections. He gets up faster and runs around a lot more. He's a happier dog.

I'm on a new kick....Mexican cooking. I bought some Masa and make some homemade corn tortillas. I made Enchiladas last night that were really good. I'm also going to try some flour tortillas tonight and experiment with some salsas. I'm going to plant some tomato plants in the back yard so I'll have plenty of tomatoes to use. Yummy!

Betty gave Dave a gift certificate to the Bonefish Grill for his birthday. We went there Saturday and had a great meal. It seems that people either love it or hate it. We had coconut shrimp as an appetizer that so awesome. Dave got trout, garlic potatoes and salad and I got the Ahi Tuna and chowder. I also had two lemon drop martini's. We didn't have room for desert. Everything was wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home