Saturday, January 28, 2006

I had to work the last few days. Sometimes that ER can wipe you out. I had a wild overdose girl who fought and bucked, pinched, and bit. You'd be amazed at how bad a person in four-point restraints AND a vest restrant can wear you out. Is it any wonder that nurses burn out? I was called everything from a GDMF to a wrinkled up old hag (surely she was hallucination...LOL). Thank God I got to go to Triage at the end of the shift for some R & R. However, sometimes it's Triage that kicks your butt.

I discovered that the best therapy in the world is going to the shooting range. It's cheaper than a shrink! Dave and I went to the outdoor range today. The bigger the gun the better the therapy. I think I'm going to by a cannon for the really bad days.

Dave's 50th birthday was this week. He's an old fart now...but a sweet one. I wanted to throw a big AARP party for him but he asked me not to. He just wanted a quiet evening at home. So I took pizza and cake to the shop at lunch and fixed one of his favorite meals for dinner. It was a good day. He got his AARP information in the mail today.

I've been following the news about the possibility of an Avian Flu pandemic. Boy, is that scarey stuff. It's concerning that there is a lack of concern locally. Here are some web sites about it:

www.fluwikie.com (be sure to go to "Discussions" and read)

http://www.pandemicflu.gov/plan/tab3.html

http://www.who.int/csr/disease/avian_influenza/en/

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic/

1 Comments:

Blogger Max said...

Grenades might be fun too.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home